Our Atlanta couples counselors know that committing yourself to a relationship can be the most rewarding and challenging thing you will ever do. Sometimes I feel that relationships bring out the best and the worst in us. If done right, relationships cause us to love, learn, and grow. But with all of that come conflict, strain, and sometimes pressure as we face our imperfections and the imperfections in our spouse.
Noone is perfect and all relationships experiences ebs and flows. Our Atlanta couples counselors know that relationships benefit from routine activities designed to help your marriage withstand some of the difficult times. Some things that help build relationships include date night, fun activities, having deep conversations, playing together, laughing together, and anything else that builds positive and genuine connection.
We figured it would be fun to give you a list of connection building questions that you can try with your spouse. Our Atlanta couples counselors ask some of these in sessions, but you don’t have to wait to see a marriage counselor to get working on your connection. Feel free to start now.
- What do you like most about me?
- What causes you to have the most fun?
- Who are your five favorite people you know?
- What stands out to you about your childhood?
- What do I do that brings up negative feelings from your childhood or your past?
- What do I do that brings up positive feelings from your childhood or your past?
- How would you describe our connection when we first met? How would you describe it now?
- If you were to pick one positive thing about me to tell you coworkers what would it be?
- If you had to pick one item in our home to save in a fire, what would it be and why?
- What makes you feel alive?
- Who is your favorite of my family members and why?
- Who is your favorite of my friends and why?
- If I could do one thing that took two minutes every day that would help you feel happier what would it be?
- What do I do that helps you feel most loved/cherished?
- What do I do that helps you feel happy?
- What’s your favorite meal?
- What’s your favorite thing to do with me?
- If you could pick one superpower for me to have what would it be and why?
- What’s one of my positive quirks that you notice but I don’t?
- What’s one thing I could work on socially that would help you feel more comfortable?
- If we could travel one place together where would you choose to go?
- What’s one thing I could do when I’m stressed or tired to help you know how to communicate with me or help me?
- What’s one thing I can do when you are stressed or tired to help alleviate the tension?